Location: Chicago, IL
Date(s): May 4–6, 2018
Registration is now open for Great Books Chicago 2018—Big Ideas in Popular Culture! Join us for three lively discussions of works from the Foundation’s new trio of anthologies
- Sound Bites: Big Ideas in Popular Music
- Double Features: Big Ideas in Film
- Tube Talk: Big Ideas in Television
The great ideas are all around us! Across music, film, and television, popular culture is a rich source of compelling writing on ideas central to our modern world. We know you’ll enjoy diving into this treasure trove of human expression and discussing the vibrant and provocative short stories, poems, memoirs, essays, and journalism in these volumes.
The $400 registration fee includes:
- Welcome reception dinner at Pinstripes Chicago on Friday evening.
- All three anthologies in the Big Ideas in Popular Culture series. (The books will be shipped approximately one week after you register, starting in early December.)
- Exciting weekend events involving pop culture—to be announced soon
Registration is limited to 60 participants, so we encourage early registration. Your registration fee does not include hotel accommodations.
If you need to cancel your registration, please do so before 5 p.m. on March 23, 2018, and we’ll refund $300 of your registration fee. Cancellations after that time/date are not eligible for refunds.
Great Books Chicago 2018 is underwritten by a generous grant from Harrison Middleton University.