Registration is now open for Great Books Chicago 2019—Something Wicked This Way Comes! We have put together a fantastic agenda around this theme, exploring the wickedness that people contemplate and perpetrate. The readings are:
- “A Good Man is Hard to Find” by Flannery O’Connor
- “The Grand Inquisitor,” a chapter from The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- The Meaning of Human Existence by Edward O. Wilson
On Saturday evening, we will attend the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, where Riccardo Muti leads an evening of dramatic and evocative works, pairing Respighi’s captivating Pines of Rome with a rare performance of Bizet’s own portrait of the great city.
The registration fee includes:
- Welcome reception dinner at Pinstripes Chicago on Friday evening.
- All readings to be discussed at the conference. (They will be shipped approximately one week after you register.)
- Saturday evening outing to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Registration is limited to 60 participants, so we encourage early registration. Your registration fee does not include hotel accommodations.
If you need to cancel your registration, please do so before 5 p.m. on March 23, 2019, and we’ll refund $300 of your registration fee. Cancellations after that time/date are not eligible for refunds.