This course is a webinar. It delivers the same excellent instruction that participants receive in the regular face-to-face training courses, albeit in a different format.
This two-hour interactive webinar prepares teachers who have taken previous Great Books professional development courses to implement Junior Great Books effectively in an online or hybrid environment. Participants will have ample opportunities to weigh options for using Shared Inquiry activities synchronously and asynchronously, and will explore strategies for:
- Building a collaborative, civil community of online learners
- Adapting core Shared Inquiry activities for online or hybrid use
- Leading discussion online, with an emphasis on active listening and text evidence
- Balancing participation and engaging all learners
- Planning effective, flexible implementations